Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I'm In the Field 8-20-08

so my first week was a good and frustrating one. i love it cause im actually out doing the missionary work but it is frustrating that i cant speak very well. im learning to have patience. patience is going to be key for me these first few months. my companion is working really well with me. he is from california to answer our question. a crazy funny story that happened this week was when we went to an investigators house that my companion had said was wanting baptism but he had to work some things out first. he also told me that he was a little femmy. so we went to his house and right from the get go i knew that he was as gay as they come. he asked me where i was from and then said all u americans are so beautifull... he told us he had some questions about his reading in the BofM so we read with him. he sat right inbetween me and my comp. on this tiny couch and asked me to read. as i was reading he was rubbing my back and my side and my thigh! i couldnt believeit! so we answered his questions then he told us that he wanted baptism but he had to dump his man first. he said he would do it. the whole time i kept looking at my comp. signaling that we needed to leave but he just kept shaking his head. our investigator said that we needed to celebrate because he was going to break up with his boyfreind and brought out some wine! poured us a glass and told us to drink. i tried to explain that we dont drink alcohol. my companion said that he didnt want to affend him so he started sipping of this wine. i was freakin out. i didnt drink any and so paulo our investigator ask one more thing of us before we left..... if we would sing his favorite hymn, sisters in zion! at this point i was going to kill my companion and punch this investigator. i was not going to sing that hymn. finally they both busted out laughing and fell on the floor!!! it was my freakin Bishop!!!! they planned the whole thing and i had no idea. we laughed about it. my bishop is awesome. church went really good also. the members are awesome.a few more things that hapened this week... i got made fun of by a blind women because i couldnt read very well, ya thats right a blind women. i also asked another lady to read after she clearly explained that she couldnt read. good times on the mission i guess... so everthing is starting out well. im glad that everyone is well back home. if u can i would like to see a picture of that car. we get an alawance twice a month that is enough for me to do what i need so i will only use my card if i have to.so dont expect to much being takin out. we have lots of people that we are teaching right now and were staying realy busy. i have a baptism marked for this saturday. my supplys are still good and if i need anything i can usually just by it here. i love u all so much and i miss u but im am enjoying my mission so far. have a good week. Love Elder Coats

No comments: