Saturday, July 26, 2008

June 25th 2008

From: nick coats
To: kcoats5150@aol.com
Subject: june 25
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 17:07:20 +0000


family-
everything is going great here still. im learning so much! the language is
slowly coming to me more and more each day. i can understand quite a bit. cant
speak it all that well still but it is coming along. my p-day is every wednesday
and it is better for u to send me e-mails cause i just check them every p-day.
there is a little place called mr. cheneys cookies where we go and pay 2 rais
for an hour on the computer wich is about a dollar 20 or so, so its not to bad.
every other night we get to have gym to run around for a while and im really
glad for that cause we sit a lot. my knee is feeling better than it every has
right now and i hope it continues that way. i know that im being blessed for
what im doing. the one elder that was flying with me by the name of groosbeck is
actually related to luke groosbeck that we know from town. kinda crazy how small
the world is. my companion elder halgren is a really good kid. he really helps
me to focus on my studies and keep up. all of my roomates are all studs. we have
two brazilian roomates and the rest are americans. there is six of us to a room.
the room is really nice though. my one roomate reminds me a lot of ty, elder
gardner. he is way funny and he likes to make every one laugh and he is good at
it. it would of been nice to get away from the smart alik remarks that ty always
had but elder gardner took off right where ty left me... jk. i got my first
taste of brazilian guacomole and it is amazing. and it was just cafeteria
guacomole. i ate so much that my roomates had to deal with me for the whole
week! you know what i mean. hey did any one go to the fathers day derby... how
was it... im really glad that jud is doing so well. when i get home he will be
done with all of this and me and him could maybe earn some big bucks together
some where. arien how is the room coming along. dont make it all girly and what
not. and keep your juuicy watermelon talk out of that room also. the laundry
thing is a piece of cake so far. its all free at the mtc and it puts the soap in
on its own so its all good till i get into the field i guess. dad u can do what
u want with my car. take it out and drive it every once in a while. i know u
want to. next week we get to go prosoliting in down town sao paulo. its gonna
be sweet. im working on my street contact so i can know what im gonna so to
these crazy brazilians. every thing is going good. tell everyone hi and tell
grandma and loyal my news. maybe just forward all my mail to my friends. love u
guys.

Elder Coats

No comments: